Submission and Peer-Review Process
All manuscripts are submitted online. At the web page of the ASCT
), click on ‘e-Submission’ button, which will open a separate electronic submission system. Login the system by typing your existing ID (registered e-mail address) and password. If you aren’t registered at the electronic submission system, make your ID by clicking the ‘CREATE AN ACCOUNT’ button. In case of any trouble, contact the office of the editorial office
- All papers submitted to ASCT are subject to rigorous peer review.
- Manuscripts are reviewed by the more than two reviewers assigned by the editorial office. ASCT’s average turnaround time from submission to decision is around 2-4 weeks. After review, the editorial board determines whether the manuscript is accepted for publication or not. Once rejected, the manuscript does not undergo another round of review.
- The journal uses a double-blind peer review process: the reviewers do not know the identity of the authors and vice versa.
- A decision letter will be sent to the corresponding author via registered e-mail. Reviewers can request authors to revise the content. The corresponding author must indicate the modifications made in their item-by-item response to the reviewers’ comments. Failure to resubmit the revised manuscript within 4 weeks of the editorial decision is regarded as a withdrawal.
- If there is any objection to the review results, corresponding author(s) can appeal within 7 days after being notified.
- The editorial committee has the right to revise the manuscript without the authors’ consent unless the revision substantially affects the original content.
Manuscripts Accepted for Publication
After a paper has been accepted for publication, the author(s) should submit the final version of the manuscript. The names and affiliations of authors should be double-checked, and if the originally submitted image files were of poor resolution, higher resolution image files should be submitted at this time. Symbols (e.g., circles, triangles, squares), letters (e.g., words, abbreviations), and numbers should be large enough to be legible on reduction to the journal’s column widths. All symbols must be defined in the figure caption. If references, tables, or figures are moved, added, or deleted during the revision process, renumber them to reflect such changes so that all tables, references, and figures are cited in numeric order.
Proofs and Reprints
The author(s) will receive the final version of the manuscript as a PDF file. Upon receipt, the author(s) must notify the editorial office (or printing office) of any errors found in the file within 48 hours. Any errors found after this time are the responsibility of the author(s) and will have to be corrected as an erratum.
Errata and Corrigenda
To correct errors in published articles, the corresponding author should contact the journal’s editorial office with a detailed description of the proposed correction. Corrections that profoundly affect the interpretation or conclusions of the article will be reviewed by the editors. Corrections will be published as corrigenda (corrections of author’s errors) or errata (corrections of publisher’s errors) in a later issue of the journal.
Article Processing Charges
The publication fee of $300(US dollar) per journal should be paid for the papers determined to be published in this academic journal except the papers requested by the editorial board.